The certification of CISA is very popular and has gained worldwide recognition for appraising the knowledge of Information Technology auditors along with expertise and experience. The following accreditation checks individuals’ abilities to assess the vulnerabilities and institute Information Technology controls in an enterprise surrounding. The following credential is provided to the candidates by ISACA to the individuals in charge of ensuring that an IT organization’s business systems are adequately monitored, safeguarded, and managed. The following is represented after completing a comprehensive testing process along with an application process.
The certification is specially designed for candidates interested in audit managers, security and consultant professionals, and information technology auditors.
Achieving the certification of CISA is considered to be quite an advantage because interviews accept it was all over the globe and is often requested for information technology audit and SIM (security information management) positions. The following credential gives candidates abroad divisibility all over the job application process because numerous employers prefer and check out for information technology auditors with a CISA certification. The individuals with the following certification are always given more preference as compared to the non-certified candidates.
Responsibility of a CISA:
The primary responsibilities of a Certified Information Systems Auditor are:
· Executing a proper audit planning for IS or information systems which is gradually based on risk management tactics.
· Building strategic audits which can be further used to state whether the assets of Information Technology are protected or not. They also check whether the assets are valuable and managed correctly.
· Implementing the audits in compliance with the objectives and standards of the company. Individuals in the company who are CISA certified need to check that the standards and objectives of the company and never violated.
· The responsibilities of a CISA certified candidate also include sharing the audit results and suggesting specific recommendations to the management based on the results they get out of it.
· They also have to perform numerous re-exams to ensure that the management has carried out the suggested actions in the best way possible.
However, the responsibilities of a CISA certified candidate are far more than auditing control. These candidates are also expected to operate with the management team to ensure that the organizational processes and plans for execution and operations of the implemented system correctly promote the organizations’ goals and strategies. At the very first level it includes:
· Uncertainty administration fashions;
· IT securities and supply superintendence;
· Policies for sales and IT alliance;
· Manufacturer connection and crash reconstruction tactics;
· IT strategies, examples, rules, and methods within the order;
· The sequential arrangement of IT protocols; and
· The regime and monitoring of IT employees, the IT organizational edifice, and authorities.
When IS or Information Systems is prepared for execution, the CISA must continue observing numerous areas to ensure the system is successfully developed. The following also includes the conduction of post-execution reviews and project implementation reviews. There are also other responsibilities like evaluating:
· The case of the business for a proposed system.
· Controls for the IS;
· General structure of project management along with the controls.
· The Information Technology supplier selection and the contract management method.
· The preparedness of the IS.
After executing the system, the Certified Information Systems Auditor is also responsible for verifying:
· The structure of Information Technology service management along with the best management practices.
· End-user computing;
· Releasing and altering the different management operations.
· Resilience and continuity of Information Technology.
· Database management system implementation.
· Maintenance along with information technology operations
· Thoroughly conducted and verified reviews of the information system.
· Problems that generally occur during system auditing and some incident management practices.
· The management of data life cycle and quality of data
The above article has mentioned everything about the role of a Certified Information Systems Auditor thoroughly. The demand for information auditors is gradually increasing in numerous organizations, recruiting candidates based on the CISA certification exam. The certification exam checks and validates the individuals’ skills in the following field and makes them eligible to achieve reputed designations and different companies.