How do you impart STEM education to your toddlers? Though toddlers are too small to understand STEM concepts, you can help them at least get basic information through toys. Many toys available in the market enhance the STEM education of toddlers. Kids at this age play with toys. Therefore, it would be best to use them for teaching concepts related to science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. These STEM toys are a great way to impart knowledge to kids on various topics through hands-on play. The reason is that kids can play more and learn something new.
Kids develop cognitive and fine motor skills while playing with toys. You can buy interesting STEM toys for toddlers to enhance their learning experience. It is essential for kids to gain STEM knowledge to start their educational journey on a positive note. Though toddlers might not communicate the information verbally or textually, they learn to recognize the information that you want them to learn. This is the best way to initiate educational concepts for their better academic performance in the future. For example, you can teach kids to recognize numbers, shapes, living and non-living things, etc.
Learning STEM enables children to prepare themselves to start their educational journey successfully. Playing STEM toys keeps children active and engaged. Once your toddlers start understanding things, you can slowly encourage them to play with toys that are not only fun but educational too. You must give kids the flexibility to learn at their own pace. Kids start developing thinking skills and understand the learning process through hands-on play. Little ones are the future innovators and scientists. Therefore, you must provide quality education to children depending on their needs and interests. So, STEM toys are perfect for children to start learning new things while playing.
Fun STEM Toys for Kids
With growing education technology, you can teach kids essential tools that might help them make learning fun and interesting. The best way would be to introduce STEM toys to kids that are educational and entertaining for them. Here are some fun STEM toys for children given.
- Jigsaw puzzles: This is one of the most preferred toys and a learning tool for children. Kids develop fine motor skills and critical thinking skills while solving puzzles. They can learn different concepts with the help of puzzles.
- Legos: Kids enjoy playing with legos and making different shapes and structures. They arrange every block of legos carefully so that it does not fall until it is completely ready with the unique structure they are trying to build. While building the structure, they learn organizational, analytical, and decision-making skills. Most importantly, they recognize and learn different shapes.
- Toy microscope: Sometimes, kids imitate scientists while playing. Therefore, they show interest in laboratory equipment and microscope toys. In such cases, you can provide them with kid-friendly toy microscopes to develop their interests in learning science.
- Magnetic tiles: This is the best toy for children who love stacking up things and making structures from them. You can give kid-friendly magnetic tiles with different shapes, such as triangles, squares, rectangles, etc. Using magnetic tiles, kids can learn to make different structures and learn about the shapes effectively.
- Shapes sorter: To teach children recognition of colors and shapes, you can give them shape sorters. It is a wooden cube-like structure consisting of holes with different shapes. Using the shape sorter, kids need to fix the shapes in their respective holes. This helps kids recognize and learn shapes quickly.
Benefits of STEM Toys for Children
There is a variety of STEM toys available for kids. You can give these toys as a gift to children on multiple occasions. This gives children happiness and excitement to play and learn new things. Once kids learn the alphabet, shapes, and numbers, you can increase their difficulty level by teaching them addition, subtraction, vocabulary, etc. You can use these STEM toys to conduct word, science, division, and multiplication games for kids. This helps them gradually increase their knowledge by playing with STEM toys. The benefits of STEM toys for children are mentioned below.
- It helps children learn basic concepts of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
- It develops fine motor and cognitive skills in children.
- It makes learning fun and entertaining for children.
- It develops creativity among children from an early age.
- It keeps children engaged and active throughout their playtime.
- It increases knowledge of technology and different tools that help children learn new concepts.
- It brings happiness to children while playing and learning at their own pace.
- It helps children retain the information they’ve learned while playing for a longer period of time.